1. Upon receiving your parcel, inspect the outside packaging very carefully on each side.
2. If the outer packaging appears damageddeformed,the packing tape has been tampered withreapplied,if you have reason to suspect that your parcel has been openedrepacked, you should demand a CARRIER’S STATEMENT the courier.
3. Once you have the carrier's statement, you must tell the courier that you want to open your parcelinspect the contents. The courier’s duty is to draw up a survey report that must include his/her firstlast namelist every itemits value as well as the quantity of damagedmissing items. The report must be signed by the courier.
4. If you can see no package deformationany explicit indication of tampering, but you still suspect that the parcel weight is less than indicated, you should first of all, if possible, re-weigh your parcel, and tell the courier that you would like to open the parcelinspect its contents; it is the courier’s responsibility to draw up a survey report indicating therein that the report has been prepared upon the customer’s requestthat no other claims have been made by the customer.
5. Once the aforementioned documents have been completed, please notify Polar Express sending us:
1) the carrier’s statement (in case of external damage)
2) the survey report
3) a photo of the parcelthe damaged spots.
Polar Express will conduct all further investigationdetermine claim acceptancedenial within 30–60 days.